ARTIST STATEMENT

Hard to soft has been a recurring theme that runs through my life as well as my painting. I drew and colored pictures from early childhood as most children do, I just never grew out of it. In 1967 I served as a Peace Keeper in Cyprus where I drove an armored car but I still painted and made posters we hung on our cars. After the army I worked at OC Transpo during the day, but at night I painted birds and other wildlife. While working there I also designed the OC Transpo flag and transecure logo as well as some other logos and pins. Since 2003, I have been able to paint full time and I still paint from steel to feathers. My interest lies in texture, colors and shapes more than subject mater whether I am painting a chickadee or a steam train.

Friday, January 25, 2008

THE GATE KEEPER

The Gate Keeper
Acrylic on board
12x16
$400.00

No comments: